1.4.11

20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge - Day 3

The blogging challenge can be found over at Spellbound (by Saga).

Your first day playing WoW.

My very first time playing WoW was...interesting to say the least. I started sometime between patch 2.3 and 2.4 in Burning Crusade - I remember when Sunwell came out, I think I was level 66 or so at the time. I remember it was February. I was coming from Diablo2, and switching to WoW was a little difficult. The way I held my hands on the keyboard, the way I moved, etc, it was all very new. In D2 I used my mouse to move (click-move). Using WASD for movement was one of the hardest things I had to learn, actually, because of the way I held my hand for D2. I had my pinkie on the tab, thumb on alt, and the three other fingers on 1-2-3 for potion using, and for easy reach to the F-keys for skills. Moving my hand over and down took forever for me to learn, I constantly reverted without even thinking about it.

I think I hit level 4 on my first day, and it took me forever to level. I jumped A LOT as you couldn't jump in D2. My first character was a night elf druid, and I really liked the flip they did.

I didn't get my bear form until almost level 15 because I was going through quests and stuff so slowly. I remember going well out of my way to avoid pretty much all mobs, even the neutral owls and whatnot. I avoided anything a higher level than me for fear of dying because I thought it would work like D2 and I would lose experience.

I used to get very frustrated trying to level and quest - I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and consequently died a lot (once I figured out dying didn't drop my gold all over the ground.) I was the very last one to hit 70 of the three of us that were playing (my brother and boyfriend and I started at the same time). I also leveled as feral (once I got bear form I was hooked on melee, although my druid is my healer now) and was expected to tank most of the time in dungeons. I was HORRIBLE. Luckily, we made friends with a really great paladin tank. My boyfriend had leveled a shaman and was a healer, and my brother was a mage, so we ran a lot of dungeons together.

I'd like to think I'm a lot better player than I was when I first started. I'm still not a very good tank, and it seems I'm not much good on the druid except for healing.

But I'm one BEAST enhancement shaman :3

Click here to read Day 2.
Click here to read Day 4.

1 comment:

  1. I used click-to-move for a long time. It wasn't until MW2 and CS:Source that I got decent at wasd.

    And I know nothing about shamans... the only class I didn't level. But you are a beast, it's true.

    ReplyDelete